Re: checking for signs of life

On 3/2/2024 3:31 AM, RTS wrote:
> On 3/1/2024 2:57 PM, ABLE1 wrote:

>>> Thanks,
>>> I get to reading all the obits..
>>> in my local paper,
>>> of folks younger than myself,
>>> and get a little nervous,
>>> that maybe I'd been left behind,
>>> or over looked..  ;-)
>>
>> Ahhhh, I don't read the local obits!!
>> My wife does that, and they prints out those
>> that I might know or remember.  ;-)
>>
>> It will happen and you will never read about it!!
>>
>> The clock does not stop ticking................
>>
>> Just do your due diligence and minimize the multiple possibilities.
>>
>> Like, do not walk in front of a moving bus!!
>>
>> Have a good weekend!!
>>
>> Les
>>

> True enough,
> worst heart break I've had in many a year was
> last month when a 2 year old cat, passed away in
> my arms..
> We had taken it in at about 2 weeks old, and watched
> him grow up, as a part of the ole folks family..
> .
> For some reason, that just got to me..
> I've had friends pass, violently, medically, and just plain old age,
> But that cat was different somehow..
> .
> Who would have thunk it...
> RTS

Sorry to hear about your Puddy!!
I totally get that, I am a Cat Guy myself!!
Presently we have a Half-Cat that is my best buddy!!

You ask; what is a Half-Cat??

He is Half-In and Half-Out.  He was a stray that we
took in, had him fixed and when he has the open door policy!!

Yellow Tabby with white boots.  We call him Boots!!

About 3 years ago I taught him how to shake my paw!!
Took me about 2 months of funny stuff!! Too much to type!!

Have had others that are presently down by our creek with
Granite Tomb Stones for markers.  Lot's of memories.

If I may suggest, you need to find another to fill the hole
in your life.  For me it took about 3 months after one
passed that I said to my wife, "we need a new cat!!"
We Went to a local Cat Rescue.  Ended up choosing 2!!

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=simon+cats

Hope the above helps your day!!

Les