Re: checking for signs of life

On 3/2/2024 9:47 AM, ABLE1 wrote:
> On 3/2/2024 3:31 AM, RTS wrote:

>>> Ahhhh, I don't read the local obits!!
>>> My wife does that, and they prints out those
>>> that I might know or remember.  ;-)
>>>
>>> It will happen and you will never read about it!!
>>>
>>> The clock does not stop ticking................
>>>
>>> Just do your due diligence and minimize the multiple possibilities.
>>>
>>> Like, do not walk in front of a moving bus!!
>>>
>>> Have a good weekend!!
>>>
>>> Les
>>>

>> True enough,
>> worst heart break I've had in many a year was
>> last month when a 2 year old cat, passed away in
>> my arms..
>> We had taken it in at about 2 weeks old, and watched
>> him grow up, as a part of the ole folks family..
>> .
>> For some reason, that just got to me..
>> I've had friends pass, violently, medically, and just plain old age,
>> But that cat was different somehow..
>> .
>> Who would have thunk it...
>> RTS
>

> Sorry to hear about your Puddy!!
> I totally get that, I am a Cat Guy myself!!
> Presently we have a Half-Cat that is my best buddy!!
>
> You ask; what is a Half-Cat??
>
> He is Half-In and Half-Out.  He was a stray that we
> took in, had him fixed and when he has the open door policy!!
>
> Yellow Tabby with white boots.  We call him Boots!!
>
> About 3 years ago I taught him how to shake my paw!!
> Took me about 2 months of funny stuff!! Too much to type!!
>
> Have had others that are presently down by our creek with
> Granite Tomb Stones for markers.  Lot's of memories.
>
> If I may suggest, you need to find another to fill the hole
> in your life.  For me it took about 3 months after one
> passed that I said to my wife, "we need a new cat!!"
> We Went to a local Cat Rescue.  Ended up choosing 2!!
>
> https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=simon+cats
>
> Hope the above helps your day!!
>
> Les

no problem with a replacement,
We live next to a Vol Fire Dept..
(the dumping ground for unwanted pets...
had 4 kittens, from another feral which was living in the barn at the time..
all total, we have 12 that stay or come and go, as it suits them..
.
But there's just something special about "one" that's only know you as
it's provider..
RTS
--

*Rocky T. Squirrel, esq.*