Re: Actually On Topic Question

On 3/11/2023 10:20 PM, RTS wrote:
> On 3/11/2023 5:20 PM, ABLE1 wrote:

>>> If you have a 12vdc pulse counter, hook it to the voltage supply,
>>> note the number and have homeowner check several times a day to see
>>> if the numbers are growing..
>>> If yes, you know what to do..
>>> If no,  well crying is not out of the question....
>>> RTS
>>

>> Honestly Rocky I am really not sure what that will do.................
>> Besides drive me nuts!!!
>>
>> Since I don't have such a device, then I am OK!!!
>>
>> Les
>>

> pulse counter,  one of those things that advance a number on a counter
> each time the voltage interrupts.
> they use them at entries with a photo beam to count customer entering or
> leaving..
> in your case, they would count a number each time the power blinks..
> which would cause the touch pad to reset...
> If the numbers grow, that would tell me that something was interrupting
> the supply voltage..
> (be it the wire, the power supply,
> or as I had happen somebody had wired into the fire power output.
> (which happened to cycle once each 24 hours)
> (It had been programed to remain on 24 hours, but somehow that
> programming was changed during a battery replacement)
> old systems have bugs that can appear at random with age..  :-)
> RTS

Rocky,

Ok, I get it.  Makes sense, but....................
In a limited mode the customer has already connected his DVM to the
power and watched a steady 13.2vdc while the Touch Pad was cycling.

Not 100% that it is not a power cycle issue that can't be seen in
this way but.................

Thanks for the clarification!!!

Les