Re: Actually On Topic Question

On 3/11/2023 1:08 PM, RTS wrote:
> On 3/11/2023 11:18 AM, ABLE1 wrote:

>>> this may sound crazy,  but  look for "Cricket bits"
>>>
>>> this time of year,  we use to have nutty behavior with remote
>>> processing unit, (keypads, expanders, remote relays)
>>>
>>> each time we found Crickets had eaten the insulation off the wires
>>> and moisture was causing high resistance shorts on the circuits..
>>>
>>> Never full time, mostly when the air moisture reach a point when
>>> droplets formed..
>>>
>>> RTS
>>
>> Hi Rocky,
>>
>> Not totally crazy!!  Just last week I had to disassemble an exterior
>> gate controller that had spider webs and stink bugs on the circuit
>> board and was causing the "Fire Input" terminals to short and locked
>> the gate open.
>>
>> As for this Ademco unit, that is something that is doubtful since
>> it is inside the house.  However, you are right it should be looked
>> at just to verify.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Les
>>
> We had a FBII 2-T  in a small restaurant that started have odd alarms..
> when we opened the panel door, the PCB was covered in (what I called bug
> spit), a dark goo..
> After a complete cleaning with de-grease spray,  every thing went back
> to normal..
> with bugs, it pays to seal all access points to the electronics..
> paraffin (candle wax) coated, cotton balls tend to do the job, cheaply..
> BRK Electronics from Louisville, use to water proof their Glass Breakage
> detectors with that trick.. (paraffin)
> ..
> on another topic,  I noticed that Chinese capacitors tend to burst if
> the air temperature lingers around 30 degrees for to long..
> I guess they have some type of water based dielectric in their
> construction..
> ..
> Trick I've used to locate long wires that have had their insulation
> eaten away, was to open both ends of the run and apply a hefty
> voltage/current run through the wire..
> (load resistor at one end, voltage/current at other)
> (try not to exceed the limit of the copper size..  ;-)  )
> When the copper flexed with the load,  the short would show itself..
> If your handy with a "Megger", you can get close to the spot where the
> bad insulation is located..
> If not,  up the current and follow the smoke...   LOL
> RTS
>
> (don't you just love it when the copper turns a bluish tint...)

Rocky,

What I don't know is if the data pair of wires have an issue of some
kind would that cause the touch pad to reboot constantly??

Or, what would cause the Tuxedow Touch Pad "if it did not have an
internal problem" to reboot repeatedly??

Ruling out a repeated power loss!!

I am trying to rule out all of the other possible issues before
I purchase a replacement Tuxedow and find that the same problem
happens after replacing the existing.

I know this is not going to be easy................. but!!

Thanks,

Les