Re: Story

On 11/5/2022 2:17 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
> On 11/5/2022 10:46 AM, Bob La Londe wrote:

>>> V-E-R-Y IMPRESSIVE Bob!!
>>>
>>> Good read and Thanks for the history!!!
>>>
>>> Les
>>>

>> I hesitate to write things like this that could be interpreted as a
>> brag.  To often in recent years I've shared anecdotes from my life and
>> been told I was a full of shit bullshit piece of shit lying sack of
>> shit.  **
>>
>> Honestly though I don't consider this to be all that impressive.  I
>> can't ten finger type.  I never published a book, and I never really
>> got paid to be a writer.  Its just a hap hazard group of secondary
>> fumblings throughout my life over the course of 40ish years that
>> paired with a little imagination allow me to occasionally crank out
>> three consecutive sentences that are readable.
>>
>> However, thank you.  I appreciate the recognition for them.
>>
>> Example: **
>> One of my favorite actual brags used to be that I have been in
>> business literally my entire life since I was four years old.  My mom
>> explained to me the concept of profit.  She told me that if I bought
>> candy bars and put them on the shelf in the family store it wouldn't
>> be to long before I could buy more boxes to replace them, and have
>> money left over.   I used the money my grandmother sent me for
>> Christmas to put merchandise on the shelves of our store.  I was in
>> business at age four.   That was a bit of a brag, but it really wasn't
>> intended to indicate I was a business mogul at such a young age.  Just
>> that I have spent my entire life learning small business concepts.  I
>> shared this in a machining group not to long ago.  I was accused of
>> being a liar, taking credit for my mom's hard work, and that there was
>> no chance at age four I was anything more than a pants shitting
>> drooling blob.  That I was totally full of shit that had to totally be
>> lying through my teeth. (Unless you were toothless how else would one
>> lie?)  I tried to explain, but soon there were dozens of people piling
>> on.  The shear mass of derision made it impossible for me to take the
>> time to refute it all.  I just left the group.  The reality is its
>> true.  I did understand, but how can I prove that.  I can't.  Just
>> that I have always done better as an entrepreneur than as an
>> employee.  I never thought of it as exceptional until I was attacked
>> for it.  I just thought it was a choice based on opportunity and
>> education from a caring mother.
>>
>> I have other anecdotal memories, no doubt colored by time, that might
>> be met with similar disbelief.
>>

> However, I have never flown an airplane of any kind inverted, nor was I
> ever a passenger in an inverted airplane of any size.

Well Bob, now you went and did it...................

I have flown inverted, jumped out of a perfectly good plane at 3000
feet, flown a glider, flown a helicopter, flown a Cessna 152 backwards
on a runway, flown a Cessna 152 in freezing rain until at full throttle
just above stall speed then landed, flown a (part owner) Ultra Lite,
and many other experiences that would take a long time to read.

Les