Re: New Question

On 5/8/2022 1:59 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
> On 5/8/2022 6:41 AM, ABLE1 wrote:

>>> Sorry Les, can't help with access control.
>>

>> Jim,
>>
>> Thanks for the look!!
>>
>> Have a good week!!
>>
>> Les
>

> Nope.
>
> I used some Corby and IEI early on, but towards the end I was using
> Napco P9600 and X255 for most of my access control work.  Mostly X255.
>
> I did install a couple Silent Knight access 2000 controls, but later
> changed them both out for X255 controls.  There is just something to be
> said for a PC based control interface for the customer to manage users.
>   Almost like really big guy access systems, but not quite as expensive.
>   My only big gripe about the Napco systems was it seemed like I had to
> replace the network interface modules every few years.  I tried them
> both with and without their protection module.  It was often enough that
> the customers would notice it was a failure item.

Thanks Bob,

The current customer has been using a HUBMAX II with just a keypad for
card entry.  Every time he would enter a card he would use the backdoor
push button to enter programming and when through the procedure that
stopped working.  He had no idea what the card numbers were or how to
delete.

I figured out the process and had him enter a Master Code for proper
usage.  He now says that it takes a good 10 seconds to get a new card
to read in the system.  I think (because of age) that there are some
parts that are starting to fail.

When I mentioned that having a PC connected to a new system he cringed
like he was very uncomfortable with that thought!!!

The MiniMax 3 will work as the old but can also have a network interface
that can use software.  One of the challenges is that the system is
out-dated and is to work on WIN98, 2000 & XP, maybe WIN7 maybe WIN10.

That is where I am stumped!!!  Which is why I am reaching out to try
and find someone with some hands-on knowledge.  Not going to be easy!!!

Later,

Les