Re: New Question

On 5/8/2022 6:41 AM, ABLE1 wrote:
> On 5/7/2022 11:38 PM, Jim Davis wrote:
>> On Saturday, May 7, 2022 at 10:08:48 PM UTC-4, ABLE1 wrote:
>>> Hey Guys!!
>>>
>>> Anyone ever use a IEI MiniMax3 Access Control??
>>>
>>> I know that it has been discontinued but have been told that Nortek has
>>> 70 units on the shelf. For this project it may be the best fit.
>>>
>>> I am considering the SEG-1 as a way to connect a computer with software
>>> to program in the Cards or Fobs.
>>>
>>> Main question is the software set up have any challenges, if you know??
>>>
>>> Thanks and have a good day.
>>>
>>> Les
>> Sorry Les, can't help with access control.
>

> Jim,
>
> Thanks for the look!!
>
> Have a good week!!
>
> Les

Nope.

I used some Corby and IEI early on, but towards the end I was using
Napco P9600 and X255 for most of my access control work.  Mostly X255.

I did install a couple Silent Knight access 2000 controls, but later
changed them both out for X255 controls.  There is just something to be
said for a PC based control interface for the customer to manage users.
  Almost like really big guy access systems, but not quite as expensive.
  My only big gripe about the Napco systems was it seemed like I had to
replace the network interface modules every few years.  I tried them
both with and without their protection module.  It was often enough that
the customers would notice it was a failure item.

https://www.avg.com