Re: Work Load Increase

On 3/22/2021 11:39 PM, Jim Davis wrote:

>>> You know that that's the words to the Barbara Streisand's song ----- Right?
>>>
>>> The only poem that I know is
>>>
>>> There once was a girl from Nantucket
>>> Who sailed cross the sea in a bucket
>>> And when she got there
>>> They asked for a fare
>>> So she picked up her skirt and said
>>> %#$# it.
>>>
>> Yes Jim, I remember the song. The truth be told reading the lyrics here
>> is the first time I ever knew what all the words were.
>> Please understand that with my high frequency hearing loss the ability
>> to understand what is be sung is very difficult. I have a nephew that
>> is guitarist and a song writer. When he sends me his performance of
>> a new song that he has written I always ask for the lyrics so I can
>> better appreciate what he has produced. I am always impressed.
>>
>> So Thank You for the lyrics to the Memories!!
>>
>> On the other hand...... You are a poet and don't know it!!! LOL
>>
>> I also enjoy watching old movies on my new TV with Closed Caption.
>> I now get the punch line or rest of the story!!!
>> The other extra bonus is when watching live TV and I see or hear
>> something that doesn't seem right, I just tap the go back 30 seconds
>> button and play it again to confirm.
>>
>> Hope the weather is getting better for you there in NY. It is
>> certainly getting better here!!!
>>
>> Les
> Yep
>
> Praise be to "Closed Caption"
>
> Main benefit is -- like you , I can follow a plot -- AND - I can sometimes even tell my wife what was said when she misses something in the conversation. But another advantage is --- I can watch TV late after my wife goes to bed with out having to listen to her yelling from the bedroom,   "TURN DOWN THE TV" !!!!!
>
> Although I very seldom watch the national new casts, when there IS (rarely) something of importance that I may want to watch, the closed captioning usually can't keep up with narrative.
>
> Years ago, they used to have people actually typing the closed captions and they usually were able to keep up with the narrative but now that they use voice recognition it can't always keep up. And when the voice recognition can't keep up with the conversation they usually miss too much of the narrative to make any sense of the closed captions.

ROFLOL

Ditto!! Ditto!! and Ditto!!

When it comes to Voice Recognition on Closed Caption a lot of times
can't spell right or totally miss it on specific words.  This is more
easily seen on certain commercials.  Some commercials are more
entertainment than anything else so when they have CC you get to
see the repeated mistakes.

As for the live news feed and CC a lot of times it appears that someone
is watching the CC and stops it to make a correction.  By the time they
figure it out they have gone to commercial and a few seconds later the
change appears.

The worst CC is on some old movies where the CC is lagging the speech by
about 30 seconds or so.  On those, the CC is turned off.

Have a good day!!

Les