Re: Work Load Increase

On Monday, March 22, 2021 at 9:45:57 PM UTC-4, ABLE1 wrote:
> On 3/22/2021 4:17 PM, Jim Davis wrote:=20
>=20
> >> Oh, How poetic of you!!!!=20
> >=20
> >=20
> > You know that that's the words to the Barbara Streisand's song ----- Ri=
ght?=20
> >=20
> > The only poem that I know is=20
> >=20
> > There once was a girl from Nantucket=20
> > Who sailed cross the sea in a bucket=20
> > And when she got there=20
> > They asked for a fare=20
> > So she picked up her skirt and said=20
> > %#$# it.=20
> >
> Yes Jim, I remember the song. The truth be told reading the lyrics here=
=20
> is the first time I ever knew what all the words were.=20
> Please understand that with my high frequency hearing loss the ability=20
> to understand what is be sung is very difficult. I have a nephew that=20
> is guitarist and a song writer. When he sends me his performance of=20
> a new song that he has written I always ask for the lyrics so I can=20
> better appreciate what he has produced. I am always impressed.=20
>=20
> So Thank You for the lyrics to the Memories!!=20
>=20
> On the other hand...... You are a poet and don't know it!!! LOL=20
>=20
> I also enjoy watching old movies on my new TV with Closed Caption.=20
> I now get the punch line or rest of the story!!!=20
> The other extra bonus is when watching live TV and I see or hear=20
> something that doesn't seem right, I just tap the go back 30 seconds=20
> button and play it again to confirm.=20
>=20
> Hope the weather is getting better for you there in NY. It is=20
> certainly getting better here!!!=20
>=20
> Les
Yep=20

Praise be to "Closed Caption" =20

Main benefit is -- like you , I can follow a plot -- AND - I can sometimes =
even tell my wife what was said when she misses something in the conversati=
on. But another advantage is --- I can watch TV late after my wife goes to =
bed with out having to listen to her yelling from the bedroom,   "TURN DOWN=
 THE TV" !!!!!=20

Although I very seldom watch the national new casts, when there IS (rarely)=
 something of importance that I may want to watch, the closed captioning us=
ually can't keep up with narrative.=20

Years ago, they used to have people actually typing the closed captions and=
 they usually were able to keep up with the narrative but now that they use=
 voice recognition it can't always keep up. And when the voice recognition =
can't keep up with the conversation they usually miss too much of the narra=
tive to make any sense of the closed captions.