Re: ASA Future Discussion or Something Else??

On Wednesday, June 17, 2020 at 6:45:41 PM UTC-4, ABLE1 wrote:
> On 6/17/2020 1:23 PM, Jim Davis wrote:
> > On Tuesday, June 16, 2020 at 4:11:35 PM UTC-4, ABLE1 wrote:
> >=20
ou mentioned .... but now she's the one with the Monmouth ass.

> >> LOL  Maybe the "lady down the street" is the absolute best cook!!  :-)
> >=20
> > Ya know? I was just thinking ---- as I was going to respond to you ----
> > that lately every thread just seems to deteriorate from technical messa=
ges down to frivolous inanities. And I think I'm the instigator.
> >  =20
> > On the other hand, with so few participants in the group now days, I fe=
ar that the lack of posts just might prove to be it's demise. Some times we=
'll go a whole week with out any posts. Social Media groups have made this =
venue obsolete, so I don't see any possibility of it ever rising from the a=
shes.
> >=20
> > I do not participate in ANY of the social media groups save one having =
to do with my local area so I can keep abreast of local events. But I take =
a very low key placid position and don't make any waves. Mostly just observ=
e and absorb information.
> >=20
> > Does anyone here participate in any other alarm or technical centric gr=
oups that maybe we few remaining mc-crudgeons could migrate to ?
> >=20
> > My feeling is that we few remaining have a wealth of experience that wo=
uld be nice to pass on to ..... who? someone? anyone? Is there anyone out t=
here who's interested anymore?
> >=20
> > If anyone is interested in carrying on with this subject maybe the firs=
t responder should start a new thread.
> >=20
> > Wada ya think?
> >=20
> >=20
>=20
> Jim, I am somewhat the same as you on the social stuff.  The only
> technical group I am on to any great degree is
> https://www.contractortalk.com/f58/
>=20
> The link will take you to the Low Voltage forum.  For the most
> part I go there to get opinions on certain challenges that I might
> be dealing with.  Some of which I post here as well.  Or depending on
> the question (as here) I will answer in the hopes that it helps others.
>=20
> There are number of Forums that are related to specific equipment.
> I have registered on those sites in order to get notifications of
> new questions that may come up.  I generally just read those and
> answers until they go off on a variety of tangents which seems to
> be the norm.  At which point I just ignore.
>=20
> As for the postings here on ASA going off on a tangent I am just as=20
> guilty or lets say "I helped!!".  ;-)
>=20
> I agree that ASA is going going gone.  It has been that way for a
> number of years.  It ain't what it use to be.  Now that we have
> to wear a mask and with social distancing it will only get worse...
>=20
> As for OP starting a new thread.  I doubt that will happen.  As I see it
> somebody new comes here and ask a question.  It is unknown if they
> ever make it back to see if anyone has provided an answer or not since
> he has not responded one way or the other.  Maybe he got his answer
> somewhere else.  Since newsgroups don't track or require registration
> there is no way to know anything more that somebody asked a question.
>=20
> So Jim, what do you suggest??  We all just fade into the woodwork or
> something more dramatic??
>=20
> BTW I changed the Subject to see if helps.  :-)
>=20
> Les

I've been subscribed to this DIY Forum for quite some time. It's got some i=
nteresting questions that come up and there are some pretty experienced peo=
ple answering questions. You'll have to navigate to the alarm section which=
 is quite extensive.

I just don't get much of a chance to participate because I think that most =
of the responders have nothing else to do all day but respond to the posts =
in this forum. It's no sooner than someone asks a question and there are th=
ree or four responders that never give anyone else a chance to respond. I o=
nly get to look at it once a day and by that time all the questions are ans=
wered. But ------ it IS interesting to review what's going on. Once in a gr=
eat while, I'll get an opportunity to inject a reply, but not often.

https://www.doityourself.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3D618536

By the way Les, one thing I was never good at and that is "fading" ;->

However, my wife and I have talked about "when that time comes" we should g=
o and rent a Rolls Royce convertible, convert all our assets into cash, put=
 the cash in the back seat, put the top down and drive the car off a cliff =
at the Grand Canyon.=20
Can you just picture that?
What a way to go ---- Huh?   :-0