Re: Just for discussion.

On 7/21/2020 4:13 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
> On 7/21/2020 12:35 PM, ABLE1 wrote:

>>> There is another more sinister if probably unlikely possibility.  The
>>> cops wanted a look around and made it up.  How legit is the client?
>>>
>>> Remember it is not against the law for them to lie to you.
>>
>> LOL Really??  The cops will/can actually do that??
>> I see the makings of a new movie..................
>> I guess anything is possible...............
>>

>> BTW  This Fax (number) is in a local town borough office.
>>
>> Les
>

> Yep.  They can and will although usually you only hear about it in an
> interrogation.  Sometimes they will do it to try and get you to doubt
> your own memory.  "Oh, I've been with the department since 19xx, and no
> officer by that name ever existed.  Certainly not at the rank and
> position you claim."  No shit.

Bob,
Hmmmmmmm sounds like you were on the wrong end of the stick.
And you remember it well!! Sorry to hear.  It is too bad that
kind of stuff has to happen.

But, then again it is unlikely it will never change given the condition
of the human psychic.  We can wish for better, doesn't mean we will ever
get it.  Years ago I had purchased some furniture from a guy I worked
with.  Found out later that he was arrested for property theft.

I reported to State Police that I had two pieces and wanted to get them
out of my apartment.  Was asked by the officer on the case to come to
the police barracks to make the report.  Turns out that two detectives
started to imply that I was involved in the theft or I should have known
the furniture was hot because of the low price that paid. It was about
time my button got pushed.  I gave them a piece of my mind, demanded
that they get the furniture removed from my apartment and walked out.
I ended up calling again in two weeks and told the detective that if the
stuff was not picked up that day I was going to put it out in the
parking lot and they can come by at any time to get it.  He was there
within the hour.  Ended up as a witness for the prosecution and had to
sit outside the courtroom for 3 days counting bricks on the wall. '763'
He pleaded guilty to a lesser charge or something.  Huge PITA!!!

Yes, I remember it well!!

As well as a very few other police moments in my life.
Some I won, some not so much.  All minor issues.
As I understand the "statutes of limitations" have expired.  ;-)

Les