Re: Just for discussion.

On 7/20/2020 12:12 PM, RTS wrote:
> On 7/20/2020 7:19 AM, ABLE1 wrote:

>>> One question leading to one very remote possibility is:
>>> Does the CS telephone number have nines and or ones in it?
>>>
>>> Another question leading to another remote possibility is"
>>> I'm thinking that if it's a DTMF line that it probably also has
>>> rotary dial capability.
>>> Land lines are becoming more and more of a problem as the telcos
>>> ignore them and as they try to switch everyone to fiber or cellular.
>>>
>>> Maybe an intermittent connection (?) coincedently and ultimately
>>> dialed 911. Any crackling or static on the line?
>>>
>>> And ya know?  I've always had this bad feeling about tomatoes. Ya know?
>>> Just something about them -------
>>>
>>> But celery on the other hand -------
>>>

>> Hi Jim,
>> I did not hear any crackling or static on the line.
>> But, then again I am on the deaf side of things with high frequency
>> hearing loss.  However, it is something I should check with a
>> different ear sometime.
>>
>> I did ask the question about the back numbers to 911.  Was told that
>> there were at least 10 or so that would get there.  Was not told
>> what they were.  Either way with just a Fax and the Fire panel
>> connected to the line it does seem a bit odd for a 3 digit or a
>> 10 digit number to be dialed in some way to get through.
>> Tomato or no tomato.  ;-)
>>
>> Les
>>

> I'd blame the local telco,
> I had one here which cross connected over a hundred lines from 2
> different towns.
> Talk about old style party lines......
> It seemed that the 2 towns were serviced by the same telco switch
> house..
> An in-house cable upgrade was the cause,  they had cross connected the
> lines when changing out the old cable and the tech "forgot" to remove
> the old cable from the ckts..  (or so they said)    LOL
>
> RTS

Yes, good point Rocky,
I have been in buildings that have had phone company punch down blocks
with Teclo lines there that were for another building.  The numbers were
totally unrelated to the in house business.  Telco just used it as a
splice block for the area.

So it is possible that the same may be possible here.  In that the
actual Fax number is landed some where else and easily accessible by
anybody.  I will bring that up if/when the issue comes up again at this
particular site.  So far, it's be almost a week and all is good.

**Could change in a heart beat.........................

Les