Re: A few to make you laugh

Hey Bob and Jim,

This funny story telling is great!!  There hasn't been this much
fun reading on ASA for................. Can't remember when!!!

You guy's should meet up and do a tour some day.  LOL

There was a day many many years ago.  My wife wanted to go on a
cruise.  She asked if I wanted to do a 3 or 5 day cruise?? I replied
that I needed a lot more time to relax the stress at the time.
So we agreed on a 10 day Caribbean Cruise that stopped at a
lot of Saints.

On the way back to the home port it was the 9th day. There was a Stand
Up Comedian in the one of the lounges on near the fantail doing his
thing.  At one point he opened up to the audience to contribute to the
jokes.  Believe me when I say getting up in front of a crowd of people
with a microphone is NOT my thing.  EVER!!!

However, I had realized that I was so relaxed after not having to worry
about work, etc. that I raised my hand.  He called me up on the stage
and asked my name, where I was from, etc.  He then handed me the Mic.
I was so comfortable with it all!!!

I told a joke and everybody laughed.  He came over and reached for the
Mic.  I said, "Wait, I got more."  He backed off..............
I told about two or three more.  I then gave him the Mic and said
"Thanks, I'm done."  At the time it was a absolute wonderful feeling.
My wife, would not acknowledge that she knew me.

Today, while reading all of your contributions, I can't think of a
single funny story or joke to type.  I can't even remember the jokes
I told then on the ship.  The best part is that(except for my wife)
I will never see those people that were in the audience again, ever.

I guess for me, if goes to show my current stress level or something.

Keep them coming guys.  I am not at least bored.............. yet. :-)

Les