Re: A few to make you laugh

So I was back in the back of Island Lake the other day.  On the west end
between the big island and the smaller island there is a little jut of
rock sticking out.  Maybe a foot wide and foot and a half long.  As I
round the corner to head between the islands while fishing I noticed a
bunch of trash in the water and on the island.  What really got my
attention was a single peanut sitting right on the tip of that little
rock jutting out into the water.

If you have ever been there you know how pretty Island Lake is.  Its a
long tight channel in from the river and its all no wake so the party
crowd rarely makes it back there.  As a result it rarely gets trashed
like other areas.  I was a bit disgusted with all the trash so I dug a
trash bag out of the locker under my seat and started dipping up trash
with my landing net.

As I was moving around on the electric motor scooping trash I noticed a
ground squirrel up on the big island who was chittering away.  I'd never
heard one make such a racket.  I figured maybe it had babies and I was
getting to close so I backed the boat off a little to see what it would
do.  It bolted down the hillside and grabbed that peanut.  It was so
proud of itself chattering away happily standing there on that little
rock point holding that peanut up like a trophy.  It made me smile.

Then an explosion happened as a giant bass leaped over that little rock
point swallowing the ground squirrel whole as he passed.

At first I was just stunned.  Then in a second the shock wore off.  I
dropped my net and my trash bag to scramble around in the boat for any
kind of lure that might resemble a ground squirrel.  Out of the corner
of my eye I saw some movement over by that little point.  A gigantic
bass was nosing a peanut up on that little rock point.  As I realized
what was happening he turned in my direction, winked, and said, "Shhhhh!"