Re: UTC’s Interlogix division to close down by end of 2019

Well, I did talk to a supplier last week who was anxious to let me know to =
order Now!... any parts that may be needed for all the customers. He did sa=
y that any orders would not even begin to be filled until late November/Dec=
ember.

What was revealing is that the fabrication plants are in Mexico! That made =
me think a little. It is not like these Mexican plants are just going to cl=
ose up shop, just because the US corporation says so. Yo, its Mehico, sayni=
or! The plants are all staffed with Mexican people who want to keep on work=
ing. The knowledge is also there in Mexico where they were taught what to d=
o. It would not surprise me the least bit, if there were to be in the near =
future, Nitwerks parts coming out of there. Just saying...aren't these the =
same folks who are very adept at flooding the US market with Mary Y Ana and=
 other things?

One thing that we all can be sure of, the pricing of the parts will most li=
kely go up, up, up!

So, do I want to buy a bunch of parts that may be needed sometime in the ne=
ar or far future when Mrs. Dingles Networx system gets struck by lightning?=
?? I certainly will not install any new future systems of that brand, so, I=
 am just looking at parts then. If her mainboard or keypad--(that is the mo=
st replaced part,famous red light, dazed look) goes, it's a "Might as well =
replace the whole system now Mam! moment".

I believe it's time for grandma to go... it's better this way. She will not=
 be suffering anymore...

Now if all that any company or individual ever installed was Networx, then =
you do have a 'small' problem. Eez time to call sayniorr Hose and c if he k=
en help!...

Just for everyone to know, I am not prejudiced against any one in Mexico. I=
 am joking to the tune of Disney's Speedy Gonzalez. I actually drove in 198=
5 from central Florida to Monterrey Mexico, drove a large egg shaped loop w=
est and down to Mexico City, and back up the eastern side back to Monterrey=
, over a month. At that time, I found them to be very nice friendly people =
who went out of there way to help along the way.

Les, as to trying out the Neo Dsc panels, I would suggest also looking in t=
he older PC 1616, 1632, 1664 versions, as those mainboards do not have thei=
r keybus locked out and sold out to Alarm.com. The programming should be mo=
stly identical in its logic, and once you do get used to DSC, especially th=
e wireless zone side, you will wonder why you waited this long to try them =
out. You also will have more options for communicators. I hate having all m=
y eggs in one basket, especially when it drops down to the floor. That is w=
hy we have accounts with systems like DSC, Networx, Honeywell, Monitronics,=
 Concord etc, etc.

So when another Networx keypad goes, or the mainboard, I am not going to lo=
ose any sleep over it. It's going to be a "Mam, that company went out of bu=
siness last year. We've got a DSC system with a keypad that is even easier =
to use now, You will love it!" moment.=20

DSC is not going away for a while, as the Canadian founding man in charge s=
ought out the proper company to buy out his 'baby', for the long term, and =
not for liquidation. There are still some very decent folks out there.

Hogan=20