Re: RELIABLE LATE-TO-OPEN AUTOMATED DEVICE FOR TEXT/ EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS TO CUSTOMER

On Wednesday, May 15, 2019 at 2:42:17 PM UTC-4, Hogan wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> Just thought that this forum with its experience and brain-power, would h=
ave ample ideas and knowledge on available devices to notify customers for =
LTOpen, LTClose, and unscheduled openings.
>=20
> I am aware of central stations that have this service. It is just that ce=
ntral stations do not place as high a priority on those signals when actual=
 alarms come in. I am looking for this to be a secure, timely, and reliable=
 backup to a central station for a particular customer on a Honeywell V20P.=
 I would like it to also work on brands such as DSC and Networx, if possibl=
e.
>=20
> After some recent searching, I found that Alarm.com does have that featur=
e available on their devices. We presently do not use them and are reluctan=
t to start with another service provider. Ipdatatel/Alula is presently our =
provider and does not have that feature yet available. Since the Tip&Ring i=
s already in use, that does not leave much avenues open for other communica=
tions. It may be that Alarm.com is the only option, but I am hoping that I =
am wrong.
>=20
> I will be testing the Pager options available on the V20P, but it is made=
 for pagers and not texting or email. I believe that the communication form=
at may not be compatible. I do not hold great confidence in it.
>=20
> Now, the customer, on top of the live central station LTO/LTC/U-OPEN, alr=
eady receives automated text & emails whenever the system opens, closes, al=
arms, and all troubles, but nothing for LTO, LTC, and unscheduled openings.=
 This is the part that I want to make redundant/failure proof with an autom=
ated system.
>=20
> I guess I believe in Trust & Verify, and NASA's triple redundancy; but I =
will settle for double redundancy.
>=20
> Your ideas and suggestions are much appreciated.
>=20
> Hogan

I'd suggest that you look in to the Napco Starlink-Connect Cellular Radio.

I know that it is compatible with Honeywell but since I use Napco equipment=
 I don't know if all of the features that I get with a Napco panel would be=
 available using a Honeywell panel.=20

Calling Napco technical support would be the best first approach.