Re: Sprinkler Valve Hook-Up

On Wednesday, June 19, 2019 at 8:11:04 AM UTC-4, ABLE1 wrote:
> On 6/18/2019 9:26 PM, Jim Davis wrote:
> > On Monday, June 17, 2019 at 6:53:08 PM UTC-4, ABLE1 wrote:
> >> Hey you's guys,
> >>
> >> I am connecting a Fire Alarm system to a new sprinkler system.
> >> The valves installed are a bit different in that the connection
> >> where the wire leads exit the valve body has a unknown
> >> female thread.
> >>
> >> http://www.aleumusa.com/products/but...e-grooved-300/
> >>
> >> It is smaller than a 1/2" NPT so I can't use a Chase Nipple into a
> >> box for the wire splice. There was a rubber threaded hex nut
> >> already installed but I don't think it will hold up as a metal
> >> Chase Nipple.
> >>
> >> This rubber plug appears to have a straight thread not a tapered
> >> which is also odd. The outside diameter of the threads is .790".
> >>
> >> Does anyone know what kind of thread this might be and/or
> >> what can be used to adapt to it in order to make a secure
> >> connection of a junction box??
> >>
> >> Sadly the instructions are skimpy on the details.
> >>
> >> Thanks for any assist,
> >>
> >> Les
> >=20
> > Sorry, can't help you. But you might be able to take an impression of t=
he thread with some clay or duct seal and bring it to a pluming shop. They =
may be able to come up with something for you. Also, die sets come with a t=
hread matching tool. If you don't have a die set try a machine shop. I'm gu=
essing that it's metric.
> >=20
>=20
> Jim,
>=20
> I am guessing you might be right.  However, the Mfg. Sales Rep
> said it was a US Standard.  I got more specific with him and
> he said he would have to check with the home office.....
> in Korea, and was to get back to me......... yesterday.......
>=20
> Thinking he lost my number........ I am calling again today.
>=20
> Boggles the mind!!!  Oh, I am trying to type NICELY!!  :-)
>=20
> Les

Was he very specific about whether it wad NORTH or South Korea ?