Re: Sprinkler Valve Hook-Up

On Monday, June 17, 2019 at 6:53:08 PM UTC-4, ABLE1 wrote:
> Hey you's guys,
>=20
> I am connecting a Fire Alarm system to a new sprinkler system.
> The valves installed are a bit different in that the connection
> where the wire leads exit the valve body has a unknown
> female thread.
>=20
> http://www.aleumusa.com/products/but...e-grooved-300/
>=20
> It is smaller than a 1/2" NPT so I can't use a Chase Nipple into a
> box for the wire splice. There was a rubber threaded hex nut
> already installed but I don't think it will hold up as a metal
> Chase Nipple.
>=20
> This rubber plug appears to have a straight thread not a tapered
> which is also odd. The outside diameter of the threads is .790".
>=20
> Does anyone know what kind of thread this might be and/or
> what can be used to adapt to it in order to make a secure
> connection of a junction box??
>=20
> Sadly the instructions are skimpy on the details.
>=20
> Thanks for any assist,
>=20
> Les

Sorry, can't help you. But you might be able to take an impression of the t=
hread with some clay or duct seal and bring it to a pluming shop. They may =
be able to come up with something for you. Also, die sets come with a threa=
d matching tool. If you don't have a die set try a machine shop. I'm guessi=
ng that it's metric.