Re: Master Code Reset - Caddx NX-8

On 1/17/2019 12:34 AM, Hogan wrote:

>>> Les
>>>
>>>    There is nothing to figure out in regards to the access code or the installer code, to access any locked Networx/Caddx board. You can get into the programming without knowing the 84+ million variations in less than a minute. Those boards are not really locked out, thanks to the direct connect module.
>>>
>>> Hogan
>>>

>> Hogan,
>>
>> Odd.............. When I connect to my NX panels with my laptop/NX588
>> (aka direct connect module) and I have changed the Access Code from my
>> office machine, I get a notice error of wrong access code and a
>> disconnect.
>>
>> That is when I remembered that I needed to update the Access Code in my
>> laptop to match the panel in order to connect and transfer data.
>>
>> I never saw anything that indicated:
>> 		 "Click here to ignore the Access Code"
>>
>> Not that I ever had need to look for an alternative, but, never saw any
>> thing like that.  My opinion has and is if the codes don't match you
>> don't get in.
>>
>> Les
>

>     Well Les, no, there isn't anything in the programming that lets you ignore the access code. But, I did mention this, "You just need to know how to use it."
>
>     Now that I have your interest peaked, I will describe what I mean using a picture example. Anyone who is familiar with the device, will figure out what I mean without my blatantly letting unscrupulous characters into the knowledge of it.
>
>     So first, let's pretend that you have a round building with apartments all along the outer edges of the building. In the center you have a round hall/room where all the apartment doors can be accessed, but you only have one door in the round hall. That room revolves, and can give you access to any apartment. So, if you need to get into Apt A, you revolve to the door of apartment A. To get into Apt A, you do need the 'Key'. You then insert the right key for apt A, and then you get into apt A. You can then do whatever you want to do in apt A.
>
>     The people who made the round building with the center access room, thought that they were very smart and that there would never be a security breach. But fortunately, they were not. You see, once the center door to access a specific apartment was unlocked, the center access door stays unlocked. All one has to do is rotate the center room, and you can get into any other apartment. The other individual apartment doors are never locked once the center room door is unlocked for any individual apartment.
>
>     I would like to claim that I figured it out all by myself, but that would not be true. I was able a certain while ago to beg a "knowledgeable person" to help me out with an accidentally locked board. His generosity greatly helped me to understand all of the security holes in most panels.

> [...]

When I was a kid and had no job I wanted buy a $97 dollar thingie at the
store but didn't have the $97 dollars since I had no job.So I went to my
Mother and said Mom I want to buy this $97 dollar thingie can you help
me out??  She said sure son, here is $50.  I said thanks Mom.  So then I
went to my Dad and said that Mom just gave me $50 to help me buy a $97
dollar thingie, can you help me out??  He said sure son, here is $50.
So now I have $100.  So I go to the store and buy the $97 dollar thingie
which had tax included.  The store clerk gave me $3 dollars back.  So I
went home and said to my Mom, Mom I didn't need all $50 dollars so here
is a dollar back.  She said, thank you son. I then when to my Dad and
said I didn't need all $50 dollars so here is a dollar back. He said
thank you son.  So now my Mom and Dad gave me $49 dollars each.
$49 + $49 = $98  I have a dollar in my hand which is now a total of $99
dollars.  What happened to the other dollar??
I have been looking for it for years.  Can you help??

Thanks for reading.

Les