Re: Master Code Reset - Caddx NX-8

On Wednesday, January 16, 2019 at 2:07:41 PM UTC-5, ABLE1 wrote:
> On 1/16/2019 12:34 AM, HOGAN wrote:
> >>
> >> Not talking about the Installer Code.
> >>
> >> The Download Access Code is defaulted at 84800000.
> >> By my count that is a 8-digit code and 84 million+ possible variations=
.

> >=20
> > Les
> >=20
> >   There is nothing to figure out in regards to the access code or the i=
nstaller code, to access any locked Networx/Caddx board. You can get into t=
he programming without knowing the 84+ million variations in less than a mi=
nute. Those boards are not really locked out, thanks to the direct connect =
module.
> >=20
> > Hogan
> >=20
>=20
> Hogan,
>=20
> Odd.............. When I connect to my NX panels with my laptop/NX588
> (aka direct connect module) and I have changed the Access Code from my
> office machine, I get a notice error of wrong access code and a
> disconnect.
>=20
> That is when I remembered that I needed to update the Access Code in my
> laptop to match the panel in order to connect and transfer data.
>=20
> I never saw anything that indicated:
> 		 "Click here to ignore the Access Code"
>=20
> Not that I ever had need to look for an alternative, but, never saw any
> thing like that.  My opinion has and is if the codes don't match you
> don't get in.
>=20
> Les

   Well Les, no, there isn't anything in the programming that lets you igno=
re the access code. But, I did mention this, "You just need to know how to =
use it."

   Now that I have your interest peaked, I will describe what I mean using =
a picture example. Anyone who is familiar with the device, will figure out =
what I mean without my blatantly letting unscrupulous characters into the k=
nowledge of it.=20

   So first, let's pretend that you have a round building with apartments a=
ll along the outer edges of the building. In the center you have a round ha=
ll/room where all the apartment doors can be accessed, but you only have on=
e door in the round hall. That room revolves, and can give you access to an=
y apartment. So, if you need to get into Apt A, you revolve to the door of =
apartment A. To get into Apt A, you do need the 'Key'. You then insert the =
right key for apt A, and then you get into apt A. You can then do whatever =
you want to do in apt A.
  =20
   The people who made the round building with the center access room, thou=
ght that they were very smart and that there would never be a security brea=
ch. But fortunately, they were not. You see, once the center door to access=
 a specific apartment was unlocked, the center access door stays unlocked. =
All one has to do is rotate the center room, and you can get into any other=
 apartment. The other individual apartment doors are never locked once the =
center room door is unlocked for any individual apartment.

   I would like to claim that I figured it out all by myself, but that woul=
d not be true. I was able a certain while ago to beg a "knowledgeable perso=
n" to help me out with an accidentally locked board. His generosity greatly=
 helped me to understand all of the security holes in most panels.

   For example, 'Honeydew' melons are the easiest to 'crack'. The door is t=
he chip 'bowl'. Just make sure that the chips are fresh and crispy new, in =
the bowl... and all that your heart desires will be easily available. Again=
, the doors are always open and unlocked. Don't even bother to break out th=
e old Laptop.

   Also, those infamous 'Mona T Ronics' that I have heard about in this for=
um, that despicably cause devastating addictions to unsuspecting buyers, ar=
e also just as easily thwarted. The desired 'secretive' addiction intended =
by its masters to prevent the communication to the 911 operators, are again=
 defeated by having fresh, wholesome chips in the bowl. After you are all d=
one, just throw the old chips back into the bowl.=20

   Hope this helps you. Hogan

 =20

  =20