Re: Good quality and cheap H.265 H.264 4.0mp 8.0mp POE IP Cameras,4ch 8ch DVR with 2.0mp 4.0mp AHD cameras HDD kit,Support Onvif

On 9/11/2018 6:08 PM, Jim Davis wrote:
> On Tuesday, September 11, 2018 at 12:55:11 PM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote:
>> "Jim Davis"  wrote in message
>>
>> On Monday, September 3, 2018 at 5:01:29 AM UTC-4, H. VIEW wrote:
>>> Hello,guys
>>>      we sell kinds of 4.0mp 8.0mp IP POE Cameras Dome(support Onvif),CCTV
>>> Home security camera systems,price and quality are both good,you may just
>>> need one
>>>
>>> H.265 POE IP Cameras price from $69.99 to $199.99
>>> link:http://amzla.com/1iuketxdi1qns
>>> H.264 4ch DVR+ 4pcs 2.0mp 1080p cameras+1TB HDD,$169.99
>>> link:http://amzla.com/1iephnw2tfcc1
>>> H.264 poe NVR+4pcs 2.0mp 1080p cameras + 2TB HDD,$239.99
>>> link:http://amzla.com/1iynbqko7b1wi
>>> H.264 5.0MP DVR +4Pcs 4.0mp cameras +2TB HDD,$349.99$
>>> link:http://amzla.com/t4yf1uqdftk2
>>> H.264 8ch DVR+ 8pcs 2.0mp 1080p cameras,$219
>>> link:http://amzla.com/1iv0z7q9tnmlw
>>> H.264 4ch DVR+ 4pcs 2.0mp 1080p cameras,$99.99$
> [...]
>> needs the processing power of the DVR to work properly.
>>
>> I never had good luck trying cheap cameras, but I kept an eye on the
>> features.  Quite often over the years I saw features and capabilities in
>> those el cheapo cameras that later were implemented in what I considered the
>> "bang for your buck" price range of cameras.  I also noticed over the years
>> that the "bang for your buck" price range slowly drifted down from around
>> $500-600 to $200-300.  You can get a heck of a camera for a couple hundred
>> bucks these days.
>
> Yeah, after a lot of years of trial and error I've pretty much zeroed in on Hikvision for my IP installs. I've been inching my way up from 2MP a few years ago to 3, 4 and 5MP when needed as the prices come down. Mostly doing 4MP now. Just did a residence with an 8MP single camera which was perfect for what he wanted to do.
> .
> I always spend a good deal of time up front, telling the  prospect what cameras CAN'T do. I have a lens calculator app on my laptop and I show them what distance/height/width the camera is going to see. I had to do that because of exactly what you said. They expect to be able to see someone's wristwatch in the reflection of another persons sunglasses 6 blocks away �� unless you head them off prior to the sales presentation. I have to say, that I lose a fair number of jobs because of my explanation, however I'd rather lose the job then have them have high expectations and then think I sold them a crap system. I've even been called in by a couple of people who have had others install their cameras, wanting me to "evaluate" the quality of the job. All have been fair to good installs �� it's just their original expectations were higher than what they would have been  economically willing to pay for.
> .
> Only time I do analog now is with an upgrade on a job with coax â?¦. which are getting fewer in between. Pretty much all the main mfg's 1080P analog product is pretty good and to the client, they are always amazed at the difference between the old analog cameras and the 1080P analog cameras. "I" know it's not as good as an IP camera â?¦.. but they don't. And they don't want to pay for the IP over coax hardware or for laying in new network wiring anyway.
>
> Hikvision's new P2P process for linking up to the phone app is piece of cake compared to the old port forwarding. I never felt good about going into someone's router. I don't know how many other mfg's are using P2P at this point.
>
> I've got a job I'm working on now with a residential CCTV system where the previous guy (who's now gone) was able to get four IP cameras going into a NVR, two network cameras and 5 WiFi cameras all able to be seen on the Hikvision  IVMS 4500 iPhone app. I have to do some work on the system and I'm looking forward to finding out how he did that.

I still use IP Cam Viewer Pro for Android.  It will hook to hundreds of
different platforms simultaneously.  I don't think Robert ever wrote a
version for Apple though.  I can have DVRs, NVRs, and IP Cameras all
from different manufacturers all on screen at the same time.  Doesn't
have playback capability though.  Just live stream.  Last time I bought
a license for a customer it was $5.00.  Robert is constantly updating it
to connect with more different equipment.  About every other time I
start the software there is an update.