Re: N.D.A.'s

On 5/23/2018 9:57 AM, RTS wrote:
 > Thanks for the reply, Bob
 >
 > personally I turned down all federal government work requests, mostly
because of the lengthy payment return..

 > (never did like waiting 6-9 months to get paid) and some because of
the stupid designs..

 > *Rocky T. Squirrel, esq.

When I invoiced by purchase order I usually got paid by the federal
government in 30-45 days.  (Often quicker.)  When they switched to big
ticket credit cards I got paid within days of presenting the invoice
along with a sign off of job approval.  Sometimes the same day. Somebody
would just call me up with a credit card number.  Now a certain airplane
manufacturer who might have had something to do with the marine
adversary squadron back in the early 90s didn't pay for months until I
sent a letter to the Commandant of the Marine Corps informing him I
would be filing a lien against his marine base if payment wasn't
received very soon.  The payment check arrived Fed-Ex overnight a couple
days later.

I never did huge jobs for the feds.  $8,000-$25,000 usually, but they
were big for me.  I never experienced third party caused delays either,
but I did have my guy at the Army procurement office tell me if that was
ever an issue I could get progressive payments for equipment delivered
or portions of work completed.  I think GSA told me the same, but most
of my jobs for them were pretty small.  Max maybe $9k.  Most in the
$2-4K range, and by the time they called me in everything was ready to go.