Re: N.D.A.'s

On 5/22/2018 4:33 PM, NickMark wrote:
 > On Tuesday, May 15, 2018 at 9:49:17 AM UTC-4, RTS wrote:
 >> Greetings Group,
 >>
 >> How many of you have had customers want you to sign a N.D.A.
 >> (non-disclosure agreement)?
 >>
 >> How did you deal with it or them?
 >>
 >> After 42 years in the business I had one ask me yesterday for a N.D.A...
 >>
 >> I told them this morning I'd never be back..
 >>
 >> If they didn't trust me, no amount of paper would protect them...
 >>
 >> --
 >>
 >> *Rocky T. Squirrel, esq.*
 >
 > Have several customers I have them signed due to them being
Government contractors its required of everyone  by the government not a
big deal .

I worked for or provided equipment to a few contractors on military
installations.  I worked directly for the US Army on base, and for the
DOJ both through GSA and directly for some agencies.  None of them ever
asked me to sign an NDA.  One job I did was in a secure building.
Others were in never open to the public areas of ports and misc other
stuff.  Now I admit every job I got was because somebody I knew
personally asked me to bid it, but I never once had a government agency
or a government contractor ask me for an NDA.  I even got paid to write
the bid spec for a bunch of systems in a new prison. No NDA.  I quit
doing government contracting about ten years ago. I'd have to look to be
sure.

Anyway, its interesting how experiences differ.