Re: Cellular Radio.

Jim Davis <alarminex@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>I was pretty sure the "Boosters" that the phone companies provided where ju=
>st converting phone calls to VoIP via the LAN but wanted to be sure.

There are two types of "booster." One type uses two boxes. One placed where
there is a signal available, the other inside where there is no signal
currently. Think of this as a repeater type.

The other is a pico cell tower that plugs into a broadband connection and
connects to the cellco through the internet.

Both have their uses, just depends on the problem you are trying to solve.