Re: Cheap Caravan, Motor Home, Travel Trailer - Cellular Alarm

On Friday, December 29, 2017 at 11:36:48 AM UTC-5, Bob La Londe wrote:
> On 12/28/2017 10:47 PM, Jim Davis wrote:
> > On Thursday, December 28, 2017 at 12:22:47 PM UTC-5, Bob La Londe wrote:
> >> Yeah right.
> >>
> >> I was napping at my desk yesterday when I was awoken by a call from a
> >> buddy.  He "just thought of a "brand new" idea," and of course had had
> >> to call  me.  He seemed to think somebody should have an all in one
> >> motion sansor alarm you could put in your motor home when you are out
> >> hunting that could call you on your cell phone and let you know that
> >> somebody was stealing all your stuff so you could hump your ass back up
> >> the canyon and close the door since they were long gone and probably
> >> stole your alarm along with your spare guns, and anything else you left
> >> in your rig.  Of course it should sell for less than a hundred bucks.
> >>
> >> It reminded me old the old caravan alarms we saw posted about here some
> >> years back.  I told him to just buy an all in one Simon or whatever...
> >> of course its not retail for under a hundred bucks.  LOL
> >
> > I donno  ..... but I would think that in the world of hunters that nothing less than a 12 gauge with the trigger tied to the doorknob would be expected.
> >
> > OR
> >
> > an animal motion camera so you could identify who it was ... THEN ... bring in the hounds and let the REAL tracking and hunting would begin.
> >

> As a firearms enthusiast and hunter I have to say in a very upset tone.
> Almost NO real hunters or firearms enthusiasts would ever EVER do the
> former as we all know its highly illegal in any state.  Deadly or
> harmful booby traps are illegal.  We discussed here in this group at
> some length these very issues with regard to Smoke Cloak (tm) if
> somebody where to get injured due to low visibility while trying to exit
> their crime scene.
>
> However, the later is a real option.  I have quite often recommended
> game cameras for unpowered or remote locations.  BLM uses them
> extensively around unmanned historic sites, campgrounds, and picnic areas.

Yes, yes, I am ashamed to admit that my recommendation wasn't proper. Someone other than the intruder could be harmed. Very unsportsmanlike of me. My apologies.

I should have recommended the use of the cameras and hounds first ......
and THEN ....... use the shotgun.