[no subject]

The devices used to be freely given to customers who were access challenged=
. Now, they are charging customers close to $200 for the device. The custom=
ers went from being 'access challenged' to 'squeezed victims'. Usually, the=
 cellular company is the only one in the area, and knows that they have a m=
onopoly. Therefore, they can charge and know that most customers will end u=
p paying.

Unlike a VoIP device that allows you to call anyone from any internet conne=
ction in the country, the booster device has to be tagged to your cellular =
service account. Therefore, trying to use a booster for an alarm cellular r=
adio would not be unabled for that commercial unit. It is somewhat related =
to how your cellphone works. All cellular radios for consumers use access p=
oint names, which route your calls, text, and pictures in different ways th=
ru the internet. I learned about 4 years ago to have different access point=
 names/parameters in my cellphone. Depending on what area I may be in, I ca=
n quickly switch my access point name and get better service for my cellpho=
ne calls. It does take time to know what works where, thru trial and error.=
 I have been with GSM phones for quite a while now, and this is what works =
best for me. Since I am using Sim Cards in my phones, I would not know if t=
his would work on the CDMA systems.

Cell phone connections thru the towers can be routed any which way they wan=
t. It is all internet connections, whether thru wires or tower waves. In em=
ergencies, they have the ability to route calls from one area to any other =
area. The towers throughout the USA are basically electrical connection 'wi=
res' that can be made to connect to any other connection. Picture the old s=
witchboard operators who used to pull one wire out and connect it to anothe=
r jack to make a phone connection.

Earlier in the year, we did have a customer who had sporadic telco service =
way up on a mountain. The Lodge was for the residents of the area, and the =
homeowners association had an ATT commercial modem, basically creating an i=
nternet connection in a special cellular box with about 20' of cable length=
 and antenna at the end. That unit put out an internet connection that was =
then hooked up to a router. The router put out wifi for the guests as well =
as wired ports. One port was then hooked up to an Ip card for the security =
system to communicate with.

It was a clean and ideal connection with little cost to the customer. In es=
sence, it was a cellular radio allowing any internet connection to it.
=20
We use both ATT and Verizon radios for alarm system connections depending o=
n which service is better or preferable.

Perhaps others have more relevant information to come.

Have a great day.