Re: Cheap Caravan, Motor Home, Travel Trailer - Cellular Alarm

On 12/28/2017 10:47 PM, Jim Davis wrote:
> On Thursday, December 28, 2017 at 12:22:47 PM UTC-5, Bob La Londe wrote:
>> Yeah right.
>>
>> I was napping at my desk yesterday when I was awoken by a call from a
>> buddy.  He "just thought of a "brand new" idea," and of course had had
>> to call  me.  He seemed to think somebody should have an all in one
>> motion sansor alarm you could put in your motor home when you are out
>> hunting that could call you on your cell phone and let you know that
>> somebody was stealing all your stuff so you could hump your ass back up
>> the canyon and close the door since they were long gone and probably
>> stole your alarm along with your spare guns, and anything else you left
>> in your rig.  Of course it should sell for less than a hundred bucks.
>>
>> It reminded me old the old caravan alarms we saw posted about here some
>> years back.  I told him to just buy an all in one Simon or whatever...
>> of course its not retail for under a hundred bucks.  LOL
>
> I donno  ..... but I would think that in the world of hunters that nothing less than a 12 gauge with the trigger tied to the doorknob would be expected.
>
> OR
>
> an animal motion camera so you could identify who it was ... THEN ... bring in the hounds and let the REAL tracking and hunting would begin.

As a firearms enthusiast and hunter I have to say in a very upset tone.
Almost NO real hunters or firearms enthusiasts would ever EVER do the
former as we all know its highly illegal in any state.  Deadly or
harmful booby traps are illegal.  We discussed here in this group at
some length these very issues with regard to Smoke Cloak (tm) if
somebody where to get injured due to low visibility while trying to exit
their crime scene.

However, the later is a real option.  I have quite often recommended
game cameras for unpowered or remote locations.  BLM uses them
extensively around unmanned historic sites, campgrounds, and picnic areas.