Re: NX unlocker

news:88afc13d-fcbc-4450-8db1-0f8344d6aab3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Friday, February 26, 2016 at 3:39:51 PM UTC-5, E DAWSON wrote:
> "John R. Sowden" <jsowden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> >I sent an email to their site a few days ago asking for more specifics,
> >including "who are they?".  No response yet.  I mentioned that I would
> >put
> >the response on the alarm newsgroup.
> >
> > John
>

> NXUNLOCKER.COM
> 12/5/2007
> Panelware LLC
> Jason Outlaw
> 14157 Bishop Woods Road
> Gonzales, LA 70737
> jason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> 225-573-1048
>
> He is not doing anything illegal, nor dangerous; as long as he properly
> scrutinizes the buying party.
> He is only making it easier for those of you who want to properly
> take-over
> a Networx panel that was
> left locked out, and which also had the download code changed so that you
> could not log into it using
> a direct connect. At $99, after 2 boards, you are just about even. His
> program is not giving away the
> prior installer code, so those of you who are concerned, you can breathe
> easier.
>
> ...and no, I am not associated in any way with Mr. Outlaw...(though I am
> sure some of you with have
> a field day with his last name).

I think you ought to go back to Lala land. You're about as naïve as brick.

Regardless of how the seller vets a buyer, someone, somewhere, somehow is
going to use of a ready made product like this for a bad purpose. If it
wasn't available it couldn't be used. It's just a money grab to make the
most out of it regardless of any nefarious events that could occur.
Obviously ethics no longer has any meaning. So ..... what the fuck .....
anything goes.

Can I do anything about it? No. Do I have to like it? No. Do I have to agree
with a wishy washy bleeding heart like you who condones it? No.

Take a long walk off a short pier.

I am not naive at all. The point of logic is that the average guy, such as
the boiler man, contractor, or the repair man, has absolutely no clue as to
how to even operate the software, nor the experience to know how to
reprogram the system. The point is that the little software add-on is
predicated upon the fact that the operator has to know how to use the
download software first. And, it does not give you the installer code
presently in the system, it only defaults it. So, he cannot change the
programming to try to bring suit against the present monitoring company,
because their installer code would have been changed.

Now I could see the boiler man who wants to get in for any nefarious reason,
would most probably first try to bypass the system through any points of
access, such as doors, motions, etc. This could be done at the source or at
the panel. It is a great stretch of the imagination, that the boiler man
would take the extremely hard route of download software and system
programming.

Also, are you not forgetting that whoever accesses the panel is leaving an
electronic signature in the buffer of date and time? No, the average thief
or perpetrator is not going to go this route when he can easily affect the
integrity of a zone or zones as well as the communication route with ease
and absolute anonymity.

This ready made product is only for the ready made alarm installer to only
reset the installer code ( it will not give you the previous code).

The supposed villain could just as easily bring an already programmed board
to the premises and just swich it out. It will take a lot less time to swap
out a board on an NX panel and just move the wiring over...less than 2
minutes and a lot less conspicuous.

This is not a question of ethics, it is a question of logic. This certainly
is not a ready made product for stealing.

By the way, do you use the download software with the direct connect, and
are you familiar on how to use it to read the prior installer code, without
the NXunlocker?