Re: Napco Gemini P3200 area?

On Friday, October 23, 2015 at 12:41:12 PM UTC-4, Jim wrote:
> On Friday, October 23, 2015 at 1:06:27 AM UTC-4, spyros wrote:
> >=20
> > Finally i did it :)
> > From quickloader i can arm/disarm etc but from the keypad i can only ar=
m in interior mode and i can not disarm! while pressing 1234 on/off to disa=
rm from interior mode, i get message **ENTER NOW** and the keybad beeps fro=
 about 5 sec
> > Any idea? At away mode (1234 on/off) nothing happens....
> > confused :(
>=20
> Hi Spyros,
>=20
> The ""Enter Now"" should only show up if a code has been entered for acce=
ss control. If You look at the Keypad you will see a brown wire. That wire =
can be activated as a door access control output. I have mag lock doors in =
businesses that can be controlled by employees returning during the day whe=
n they enter a code at the keypad. It doesn't arm the panel, only releases =
the mag lock on the door.
>=20
> You apparently have a code programmed in the panel to be used for access =
control.  The only problem I can't account for is that the **Enter Now** sh=
ould only appear after you enter the code and then go away after a minute o=
r so. Look in the panel programming for anything to do with access control =
and erase it and download to the panel. Look in the area of programming whe=
re you enter the user codes. If you don't see it on the first screen, scrol=
l all the way down to the bottom. Someone may have made the access code use=
r # 32. If after you download to the panel no change occurs, de-power the p=
anel and then start it up again. Sometimes troubles get locked into memory =
and if you don't clear them before you change programming the trouble stays=
 locked in memory until you power down the panel.

And it just occurs to me that 1234 is the access code not the default arm d=
isarm code. Again look in the area of the programming and either erase anyt=
hing to do with access control or change the access code to some other numb=
er.=20