Re: Napco Gemini P3200 area?

On Saturday, October 10, 2015 at 2:26:06 AM UTC-4, spyros wrote:
> Any idea? After power up a Gemini P3200 control panel, i get the keypad m=
essage "enter code to access area". Any idea? How can i get into programmin=
g???
>=20
> thanks in advance!

Could be a few things, need more info.

Could be a partitioned panel and the panel was shut down at an inappropriat=
e time.=20

Could be looking for a an access control code.

I'm sure you have but I've got to ask, did you push the reset button?
Are you using the same kepads and same quantity of kepads that were install=
ed  with the panel?=20

Try resetting the keypad(s) by pushing keys 1234 all at the same time for a=
 few seconds and see if the keypad resets.

If it's a keypad compatibility code mismatch you can sometimes change the c=
ompatibility code by hooking the keypad red and black leads to a 12vdc sour=
ce (without connecting any other keypad wires) and go into the keypad confi=
guration mode. (11123, function button.)  Or another method you can try is =
go to the keypad configuration mode then to the compatibility section and e=
nter 8888. as a new code. Some panels have this as a backup default code.=
=20