Re: Fire Wire Solid vs. Stranded

On Thursday, October 29, 2015 at 6:11:38 PM UTC-4, ABLE1 wrote:
> Hey all,
>=20
> I just found out that apparently Stranded wire FPLR etc. is available=20
> and is acceptable in wiring of fire alarm systems.
>=20
> Well that just makes my brain hurt.
>=20
> It may have been OK per code for sometime or forever but I just became=20
> aware.
> I always use solid and I think even after this new info will continue so=
=20
> it should not make a difference.  I just did not think it was allowed as=
=20
> per code.
>=20
> Anyone else have input on this??
>=20
> Educated me!!!
>=20
> Thanks,
>=20
> Les

I never heard about stranded FPLR wire. But you're feeling the same way I f=
elt the first time I saw the "new" smoke detectors that allow two wires und=
er the same screw terminal.

Do you know that there is 22 gage FPLR wire? And do you know where it can b=
e used? ...... on a fire loop or on a keypad run or where it is and is not =
allowed? Also, is it specified anywhere exactly what kind of wire nuts or c=
onnectors are allowed to be used in a fire system. I haven't done commercia=
l fire in years and years but back then the answers to the above questions =
were not apparent.