Fire Wire Solid vs. Stranded

Hey all,

I just found out that apparently Stranded wire FPLR etc. is available
and is acceptable in wiring of fire alarm systems.

Well that just makes my brain hurt.

It may have been OK per code for sometime or forever but I just became
aware.
I always use solid and I think even after this new info will continue so
it should not make a difference.  I just did not think it was allowed as
per code.

Anyone else have input on this??

Educated me!!!

Thanks,