Re: tech-man.com ???

On Thursday, March 12, 2015 at 10:30:43 PM UTC-5, Jim wrote:
> On Thursday, March 12, 2015 at 2:37:38 PM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote:
> > "G. Morgan" <sealteam6@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message=20
>=20
> > >
> > > Not to rag on Napco, but even their dealers admit programming by hand=
 is
> > > essentially impossible to get right.
> >=20
> >=20
> > I can address program quickly enough at the keypad with a manual in han=
d.  I=20
> > don't have them memorized like I did with the old FBII panels because I=
=20
> > learned how much better they program with a laptop.  If you want simple=
=20
> > there is a "quick" program menu, and you can't beat a P801 for simplici=
ty in=20
> > keypad programming.
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> > --=20
> > --
> > Bob La Londe
>=20
> Who WANT's to program ANY panel by hand except those who are so inept at =
using a laptop and/or only want to install the simplest equipment covering =
2 doors and a motion detector type jobs. Even though Napco has addressed th=
at market with the lower 800 series panels,( and you can't get any simpler =
than 10 minutes to program a basic panel) the lowest I've ever gone is the =
816 because it's the lowest panel that can be downloaded locally with a lap=
top.=20
>=20

I can easily program a fairly large installation using a Vista, GE or DSC p=
anel at the keypad in 10 minutes or less. If you want to use a laptop fine =
but it's faster at the keypad on most systems