Re: tech-man.com ???

On Thursday, March 12, 2015 at 2:37:38 PM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote:
> "G. Morgan" <sealteam6@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message=20

> > Not to rag on Napco, but even their dealers admit programming by hand i=
> > essentially impossible to get right.
>=20
>=20
> I can address program quickly enough at the keypad with a manual in hand.=
  I=20
> don't have them memorized like I did with the old FBII panels because I=
=20
> learned how much better they program with a laptop.  If you want simple=
=20
> there is a "quick" program menu, and you can't beat a P801 for simplicity=
 in=20
> keypad programming.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> --=20
> --
> Bob La Londe

Who WANT's to program ANY panel by hand except those who are so inept at us=
ing a laptop and/or only want to install the simplest equipment covering 2 =
doors and a motion detector type jobs. Even though Napco has addressed that=
 market with the lower 800 series panels,( and you can't get any simpler th=
an 10 minutes to program a basic panel) the lowest I've ever gone is the 81=
6 because it's the lowest panel that can be downloaded locally with a lapto=
p.=20

If you want a versatile panel, the Napco Gemini 1632 is a good all around w=
orkhorse. I've installed hundreds with no ....  in the field failures. And =
it's in a real metal cabinet instead of a tin can and the PC boards aren't =
made of compressed mud.=20

I agree that it's not the easiest programming to learn but it's just that p=
rogramming that allows them to provide .... if not the MOST versatile progr=
amming ... it's at the least at the very top. As I mentioned, I've only eve=
r seen the HAI panels that had more programming options.  I find that it's =
the  ahhhh shall I say ..... "technically challenged" installers that don't=
 like them as they never offer their clients any of the advantages of speci=
alized programming and always only offer nothing but a rudimentary system e=
ither because they don't want to take the time or they don't or can't learn=
 how to do the more intricate programming. I like having the opportunity of=
 being able to offer my clients anything that they want .... either now or =
in the future.=20

Right now I'm involved with a client who has almost doubled the size of his=
 home (which was already huge) where I had installed a 9600 years ago. Now =
not only can I add all the zones he needs (no big deal) but I can provide h=
im with the partitioning, event scheduling, integration of emergency lighti=
ng, vacation arming, access control,  and a half dozen other features that =
would be much more difficult to provide with other panels without using a m=
odule for each feature or separate controllers. All I need is a relay panel=
 and there's nothing that he's asked for so far that I can't give him plus =
the features I've made available to him.  Add an IBridge to the system and =
it's capable of all the remote services (arm/disarm, text notify, Z-wave, v=
ideo etc) that the Nationals are offering  and ...... at a comparably unbel=
ievable low dealer cost. And it's all in the programming availability and o=
ptions. Wall screens available also. For instance, I can allow his landscap=
ing crew to access the tool/storage shed on certain days of the week during=
 certain hours of the day  during certain months with programming and a few=
 relays.=20

And amazingly someone says ..... but you can't program it through the keypa=

Yeah ..... sure.