Re: tech-man.com ???

news:89069ebf-e414-4906-81cd-6ecfbeb28f8a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wednesday, March 11, 2015 at 1:49:58 PM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote:

> Not for a tech who doesn't want to take the time to learn all the
> programming ins and outs of a control panel for a single takeover.

Yeah, I have to agree with that.

For some reason, that has never been a problem for me. I've said it before
and I don't know if it just applies to me or not ....  but since I've used
Napco for over 30 years, I've evolved with the programming. But I think that
if you've learned to program Napco products, all the others manufactures
programming is sort of easy to sort out if you read the manual and with
maybe a brief call to technical support on a few fine points.

Do you find it so?

A while back I got a surprise with one DSC panel though (I forget which one)
but when you program it by keypad ..... it doesn't show you what your
entries are. You just have to enter the programming in sequence and you
never get to see what you enter. If it doesn't work right, you have to go
back in and re do the whole sequence again. Took me a while to figure out
that you didn't get to see your entries because they never say in the manual
that you don't see what you enter.

With DSC, you can re-view the entries by using the fire button(s) (if they
are split), or, you can use an alpha-numeric keypad to view live as you
enter.