Re: tech-man.com ???

On Wednesday, March 11, 2015 at 1:49:58 PM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote:
>=20
>=20
> Not for a tech who doesn't want to take the time to learn all the=20
> programming ins and outs of a control panel for a single takeover.

Yeah, I have to agree with that.=20

For some reason, that has never been a problem for me. I've said it before =
and I don't know if it just applies to me or not ....  but since I've used =
Napco for over 30 years, I've evolved with the programming. But I think tha=
t if you've learned to program Napco products, all the others manufactures =
programming is sort of easy to sort out if you read the manual and with may=
be a brief call to technical support on a few fine points.=20

Do you find it so?

A while back I got a surprise with one DSC panel though (I forget which one=
) but when you program it by keypad ..... it doesn't show you what your ent=
ries are. You just have to enter the programming in sequence and you never =
get to see what you enter. If it doesn't work right, you have to go back in=
 and re do the whole sequence again. Took me a while to figure out that you=
 didn't get to see your entries because they never say in the manual that y=
ou don't see what you enter.=20