Re: Glass break sensors: FG1608 vs Shatterpoint 5620?

wrote in message

Well, to get back to the original topic, I got a 5620 Shatterpoint sensor
installed. The shock sensitivity is quite poor. I have to wack the frame
within a few inches of the sensor, otherwise it doesn't respond to the
shock. Not sure if I got somehow a defective unit off e-bay, but it appeared
new.

The shock sensor is a little piezo sounder, which seems fine. There is no
sensitivity adjustment, as far I can tell it goes into a PIC microprocessor
without any amplification.

If anyone has these units, how sensitive do they supposed to be to shock?

Many of the piezo style shock sensors  are very dependent on the type of
mounting use to secure them to the frame / glass...
Some in the past have required them to be glued directly to the surface..
I've seen some mounted with double stick tape ,  which defeats  the design
of the sensor..  (ie...  no alarm trigger)
Also have seen some mounted on wired glass,  which is also a no-no...

RTS

---