What Brand / Model DVRs ??

I was a hard corp Dedicated Micros fan for a long time.  Many years.
Unfortunately they have priced themselves out of the market.  In general I
had pretty good luck with their units, but the price was just too high.
When they came out with their ECO units I thought that was a nice answer.
Slimmed down feature set at only a little over the average price for other
name brand units being installed.  Sadly they had issues.  I had to send
units in for repair in relatively short life spans.  Some I sent in more
than once, because they came back unfixed.  (I know Moore's in a separate
company, but they are the official repair center for DM.)

I decided to give Digital Watchdog a try.  For the first couple years they
were great.  Competitive price, decent feature set, and seemed to just work.
Lately I've had multiple problems with very low usage.  A couple months to a
year.  When I called tech support today I was hung up on three times.  I
said please, and thank you and I never raised my voice.  I know.  Seems
unusual for me.  They seemed to have a chip on their shoulder from the
moment they answered the phone.  Then they proceeded to lecture me on my
lack of professionalism even when I asked, can we please just address the
problem.  A DVR with no video output on the HDMI ouput.  Last week video
failed.  I had to hard power cycle the unit to get video back.  It dropped
HDMI video out again on Saturday.  They finally on the third (or maybe it
was the 4th) call gave me a list of things to try.  All of which I tried
when I was there on Friday.

So, I am off to the customer site to repeat the things I did on Friday, and
then call them back and say , "ok I tried them again."

When I get back I plan to start shopping.  Any suggestions?

Bob La Londe
The Security Consultant
License ROC103044 - CR67

*******************************