Passing of mike sandman

Remembering Mike Sandman
--------------------

Hello,

As subscribers to Mike's monthly tech tips, it's with deep regret that I mu=
st inform you that Mike Sandman passed away on July 3rd in a plane crash ne=
ar Bartlett Illinois.

Mike thoroughly enjoyed writing these tech tip emails and helping people tr=
oubleshoot difficult to solve phone and network problems. He was unquestion=
ably one of the most knowledgeable phone men out there.

Mike also enjoyed learning from you all through your responses and comments=
azed by the positive response and encouraged by your continued support.

I met Mike about 16 years ago when I interviewed for a computer programming=
 job at Mike Sandman Enterprises. I was 19 with no work experience but he g=
ave me a shot and I learned more from him in my first year there than I wou=
ld have in 4 years of college. I later moved on to start my own programming=
 company but have continued to work with Mike to help him maintain his soft=
ware and websites, and send out these monthly emails.

Mike's family, friends and employees are currently working to determine the=
 future of the business, which will be closed for the time being pending th=
e funeral service and to allow time for grieving. I'm hopeful that they wil=
l be able to resume business soon and have offered to help in any way I can=
.

In the meantime I'd encourage you all to visit (or revisit) the Telco Power=
ed Products page at sandman.com. The page really personifies Mike - knowled=
geable, creative and hilarious. Also be sure to review the telephone histor=
y page which is loaded with great content about the history of the telephon=
e that you won't find anywhere else.

As more develops with the business, we'll be in touch. If you have any word=
s of support or memories that you'd like to share with Mike's family, frien=
ds and employees please feel free to reply to this email and I'll make sure=
 it reaches them.

Sincerely,

Chuck Hall
(on behalf of Mike Sandman Enterprises)