Re: ADT SPAM I got today

On Sunday, October 14, 2001 at 10:55:53 PM UTC-4, Tom Fowler wrote:
> Subject: Re: ADT SPAM I got today
> From: pleasenoemail@xxxxxxxxxxx  (J. Sloud)
> Date: 10/14/01 1:55 PM Mountain Daylight Time
>=20
> tfowler1969@xxxxxxx (Tom Fowler) wrote:
>=20
> >WHY?
>=20
> >Because I hate spam.<
>=20
> You weren't the recipient.
>=20
> >Because I'd like to ask ADT dealer management whether or not they
> condone spam.<
>=20
>  The ADT dealer can send that ad if he or she so chooses. When Steve Grib=
bon
> tells you that the ad was written by ADT will you still be upset? The ad =
was
> written by ADT. It's a standard internet ad right from the playbook.=20
>=20
> >Because what dealers do may indirectly affect me.<
>=20
> How? You deal with large commercial jobs. I doubt the owner of a business=
 will
> be turned off because an ADT dealer sent an ad via e-mail. You're stretch=
ing
> John.
> Maybe when the employees of the branch stop thinking of authorized dealer=
s as
> being lower on the food chain the branch will be able to focus on their o=
wn
> dirty laundry and not have to sub the work out to the same dealers they
> ridicule.
>=20
> >Because I can.<
>=20
> So you will try to prevent an ADT dealer from promoting his or her busine=
ss
> even though those same deals they would procure would DIRECTLY benefit AD=
T?
>=20
> >Because the sky's blue.<
>=20
> Battleship grey here today.
>=20
> >Enough reasons for you?<
>=20
> You summed it up pretty good.
>=20
> >ADT's corporate email policy specifically
> prohibits spam.<
>=20
> Dealers are NOT corporate and DON'T have to run their business by corpora=
te's
> guidlines.
>=20
> > As someone who relies on email to communicate with my
> customers, I have a vested interest in ADT's policies regarding the
> use of electronic media.<
>=20
> That's nice. It's an authorized dealer advertising and NOT ADT. You also =
have a
> vested interest in ADT's bottom line. The dealer has a vested interest in=
 his
> ad. If Steve Gribbon thought e-mail ads would hurt ADT you can bet he wou=
ldn't
> have signed off on them. Good luck getting him on the phone John. =20
> I wasn't flaming you John and I wasn't replying with sarcasm. I think it =
would
> be nice if the employees of ADT stopped acting as if the dealers were the
> enemy.
>=20
> Tom

Here you go Tom, I get email spam from one of your dealers everyday, every =
friggin day. How would you like it if I came over to your house every day a=
nd knocked on your door and tried to sell you something? Better yet since y=
ou like this free for all how would you like it if I called you every day t=
oo?=20
And how about if I stop you on the street and badgered you? You don't get t=
he point do you? The point is once is enough to be told there is no interes=
t. Besides do you really want to try to sell your crap to someone who adama=
ntly does not want your product and has told your reps approaching a hundre=
d times that they are not wanted or appreciated. Why don't you post your em=
ail address and phone number so hundreds of people can contact you daily, m=
aybe then you would get a clue.