Kantech Entrapass Corporate 6 and Smartlink

I am looking for information on Kantech Entrapass Corporate 6 and smartlink.
We used to have it on an XP machine but upgraded to a Windows 7. Since then
the smartlink has not worked, and we keep having problems with the operation
of Entrapass. Also used to have the server and gateway operating in the
background automatically, now I have to start server before entering new users
and today the gateway wouldn't work. Said it couldn't talk to the server,
check the network, it is all on the same computer. I found you through a
forum, but the most recent post is 2013. Our installer now wants $90 per hour
to come and scratch his head commenting that he doesn't know anything about
the program and that he doesn't know how the system works. All he does is
calls Kantech, but they only talk to installers, not users. Posted to the Face
Book page, but nothing there.
Can anyone here give me some help?