Re: Looking for Vehicle Advice

On 2/25/2015 3:27 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
> So?  You find it?
>
> I recently had a Nissan worked on by a reputable shop.  At certain
> speeds the vehicle would develop a vibration after I got it back.  Not
> as bad as you describe, but irritating.  I just started disassembling
> things, and found the front pivot busing on the swing arm pivot pin was
> a little worn. Not enough that you could see a problem visibly or even
> feel it with everything connected.  However when the stabilizer link was
> removed, and the wheel spindle was unbolted and swing out of the way you
> could grab the swing arm and just barely feel it.  New swing arm
> assembly came with ball joint and bushings.  Problem solved.

It got fixed - but not by me, lol.  I can put in gas and change a tire
as long as getting the spare off ain't too complicated - that's the
extent of my vehicular knowledge.

I took it to a shop I've used before with my own car - he's expensive,
but has a reputation for fixing the stuff other guys can't find.

I couldn't give you a laundry list of what was wrong, but it was a
combination of a couple loose or worn parts that, taken individually
probably wouldn't have much effect - or something like that.

I was encouraged when he took it out for a spin, came back and admitted
there was something wrong - that was the first time a mechanic admitted
to feeling anything like what I described.

Almost $800, The boss about choked - can't say I blame him - but the
issue is gone so, as the driver of the truck, I consider it money well
spent.

Then he offered to do the front brakes for $700...