Re: New Age Fire Alarm Panel

"ABLE1"  wrote in message news:zMTAw.1280962$Rp.197200@xxxxxxxxxxx

Just thought I would document my observation of yesterday and here is a
good a place as any other.

Received a call from a guy by the name of Sam.  Said that he hoped I
could help him since I was now the fifth person he was told to call.  He
started by calling System Sensor that finally referred him to Alarmax
who referred him to me.

He said that he was having a problem with a System Sensor 2WB that was
always going into alarm.  He said he swapped it with another but then
when he installed it at another location it would shortly go into alarm.

He said that the location was in the sanding room.  I said, a smoke
detector in a sanding room is not recommended.

So I set an appointment to go and clean detectors.  So I get to the
address and it is a Amish cabinet shop at his home.  Come to find out
that there are a total of four 2 wire smokes in the shop.  ALL WERE VERY
DIRTY, amazingly full of saw dust............

Trained Sam and his sons how to open up and clean the detectors.  Then I
looked at the panel.  All smokes were wired back to a Altronix 6062
timer.  Oh and no EOLR needed.  I kid you not.

Now all you guys can speculate all you want, but the dang thing really
did work.  When a smoke goes into alarm it kicks off a loud air horn.

Sam said that the guy that installed it 7 years ago was no longer in
business so he had to get this fixed because it was waking him up at 3:30am.

There are days that I am glad I really answered the phone.

Hope you enjoyed the story.

Have a good weekend.

Les

Les,  you know you live and work in the RURAL part of America  when the
Burglar alarm your called to fix  consists of a battery, bell, laundry line
clip, 2 tacks, small piece of cardboard and 60 feet of string..
After  I stopped ROFL,   I tied the string back together where it had broken
and declared the alarm fixed...

(((true story)))

RTS

---