Re: Caddx NX8E

On 8/16/2015 8:47 PM, E DAWSON wrote:
> Hi Bob,
>
> If you change out the board to a NX8v2 board, you can use an IPDatatel Ip
> card which will translate into more funds into your pocket because they cost
> less for the monthly service and the parts, than alarm.com. Also, if you
> want cellular, they also have a unit using the Verizon cellular network.
> This cellular unit has dual communication using the internet also. It uses
> the internet first, if that is not available or it is down, it switches to
> cellular. If the customer also has a phone line, this means that he will
> have triple redundancy for communicating to the central station. I know
> because we use them to provide triple redundancy for GE, Networx, DSC, and
> Honeywell.
>
> The interactive access is done using the IP or the cellular, so that has
> redundancy also. Your customer has a choice to have text, email, and
> robo-call on all events, some events, or none thru your portal and the
> customer's portal. We have been using them since 2012. You can have up to 7
> different security systems on the customer's app on his Iphone or Android
> only. No Windows phone app. It is great for customers who have a string of
> stores.
>
> Changing out the Networx board only is cheap to me. Ip card is about $69,
> combo Ip/cellular radio can be gotten at ADI for about $125 on sale. If the
> cell signal is weak in the area, just replace the 3dB gain antenna that
> comes with it, for a 5dB gain antenna. Antennas are antennas, don't even
> bother pricing them at ADI or the main suppliers out there, they will rip
> you off for close to $30 or more... it appears that they seem to think that
> an antenna is a complicated piece of electronics wonder!   We pay about
> $6.50@ in quantities of about 10 with shipping included for $1 more...  from
> where they make them...China.
>
> Hope this helps you.

Ed,

Interesting.  The last time I looked at IPDatatel the Networx equipment
was not included.  Now it is.

However, according to the docs the NX8E is not on the list of supported
panels.  The NX8-6-4-V2 panels are supported.  See page 24 here:
https://ipdatatel.com/downloads/M-IPD-BAT-CDMA-072315.2.2.pdf

As a side note, GE/UTC Tech Support will not recognize this equipment.
And will like not provide any help since they just say it is not supported.

Thanks for the input.

Les