Re: Caddx NX8E

Hi Bob,

If you change out the board to a NX8v2 board, you can use an IPDatatel Ip
card which will translate into more funds into your pocket because they cost
less for the monthly service and the parts, than alarm.com. Also, if you
want cellular, they also have a unit using the Verizon cellular network.
This cellular unit has dual communication using the internet also. It uses
the internet first, if that is not available or it is down, it switches to
cellular. If the customer also has a phone line, this means that he will
have triple redundancy for communicating to the central station. I know
because we use them to provide triple redundancy for GE, Networx, DSC, and
Honeywell.

The interactive access is done using the IP or the cellular, so that has
redundancy also. Your customer has a choice to have text, email, and
robo-call on all events, some events, or none thru your portal and the
customer's portal. We have been using them since 2012. You can have up to 7
different security systems on the customer's app on his Iphone or Android
only. No Windows phone app. It is great for customers who have a string of
stores.

Changing out the Networx board only is cheap to me. Ip card is about $69,
combo Ip/cellular radio can be gotten at ADI for about $125 on sale. If the
cell signal is weak in the area, just replace the 3dB gain antenna that
comes with it, for a 5dB gain antenna. Antennas are antennas, don't even
bother pricing them at ADI or the main suppliers out there, they will rip
you off for close to $30 or more... it appears that they seem to think that
an antenna is a complicated piece of electronics wonder!   We pay about
$6.50@ in quantities of about 10 with shipping included for $1 more...  from
where they make them...China.

Hope this helps you.