Re: GEM-RP1CAe2 Keypad: Compat# Error

On 8/25/2015 7:38 PM, johnrc22 wrote:
> My home security system uses the Napco Gemini GEM-P1632 control panel
> and two
> GEM-RP1CAe2 keypads.  I was getting a "low battery" message for a day or
> two. Then, I got an "Out of System" message on both keypads and neither
> one would
> work (i.e. pushing buttons would beep but had no effect on the system
> and the
> display did not change).  I entered the configuration mode in keypad 02
> and as
> I cycled through the options I mistakenly entered "02" at the
> "compatibility
> number" function instead of the "keypad address" function (there was no
> compatibility number set originally).  Ultimately, it had no obvious
> effect on
> the system and the "Out of System" error persisted.
> As I continued to trouble shoot, I disconnected the battery and things went
> back to normal, for the most part.  Keypad 01 is functioning normally,
> but it
> is displaying  "E02-00 SERVICE" (low battery error) and "E10-02 SERVICE"
> (Keypad response failure).    Keypad 02 is displaying "02 compat# error"
> and
> it is unresponsive in that the buttons beep when pushed but have no
> effect.  I
> have tried to enter the configuration mode as I did before (11123
> "function")
> but it has no effect.  I figure I goofed it up when entered a compatibility
> number the first time around, but now I can't get into configuration
> mode to
> try to fix it.  I would appreciate any advice on how to fix my goof up.
> Thanks
>

> John

Dear John, (always wanted to type that)

I am not a Gemini expert by any stretch of imagination but, I would say
you should be spending a few required dollar$$$ on a NEW battery before
you start playing around in programming in an attempt stop the panel
from telling you the problem.

That is my story and I am sticking to it.