Re: how do I do a factory reset on GE Caddx NX4 security system

On 04/19/2015 07:38 AM, DEON wrote:
> I inherited a GE Caddx NX4 system not operational. Replaced the battery and
> installed new contacts on all doors. Everything was in order and looked
> fine.
> Then I got a code from the previous owner but as soon as I put the code in,
> the system armed and alarm went off.
> Now system is permanently armed, all the zones are flashing plus the
> service
> light is also flashing. The keypad does not respond. No code I try and
> submit
> responds. Tried to disconnect the battery as well as the power for 48 hours
> thinking it would clear the memory. Does not work.
> When I link the power and/or the battery the alarm sounds and all the above
> remain flashing.
> I disconnected the wires from the keypad in total. When reconnecting the
> status quo remains the same.
>
> How do I do a factory reset? How do I clear the memory and start all over
> again. The keypad is a NX-124G*

As a special security code is required to do "installer programming", I
was going to send the op a private email, but when I found that his
email address is a long string of digits at example.com, I decided to
decline.  I went to example.com and found that it is not a normal email
service provider.

John