Re: Low Battery FBII-2P (( Rep to G Morgan))

On Monday, May 12, 2014 10:18:42 AM UTC-4, RTS wrote:
> "G. Morgan"  wrote in message=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> RTS Wrote:
>=20
>=20
>=20
> >-------   All in all   I think the keypad is the cause  but  I can not
>=20
> >figure out how it is causing the observed problem...
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Try connecting right to the panel.  It may just be the cable with a
>=20
> partial short to common or even a data wire.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Easy to test, twist all 4 wires on one end then ohm out from wire to wire
>=20
> to make sure you get a direct short between all the combinations (16).
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> --=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safet=
y,
>=20
> deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Appreciate the Feedback  G.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Keypad   functions as normal..   input and output as expected for a=20
>=20
> functional remote..
>=20
> However  when dealing with individual processors  a slight mismatch of=20
>=20
> timing can cause
>=20
> strange operation..   That maybe  what we've got here....
>=20
>=20
>=20
> I've instructed  that the next tech  to visit the house  change the keypa=
d=20
>=20
> and repeat our tests...
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> [...]

The only other thing I can think of is a ground fault (or partial ground fa=
ult) on the keypad wire run which could be proved if you connected the keyp=
ad directly to the panel. Actually, a ground fault with the right amount of=
 resistance on any power run could be the cause. Just enough to draw the ba=
ttery down but not enough to blow the fuse.=20

Have you tried to disconnect all wiring, short out the zones, wire the keyp=
ad direct, disconnect the bell and see what happens?=20

(You may have tried this, sorry if I missed it)