Re: Low Battery FBII-2P

On Thursday, May 8, 2014 12:31:52 PM UTC-4, RTS wrote:
> Greetings,
>=20
> Got a strange one here..
>=20
>=20
>=20
> 8 year old FBII -2P   1 LCD key, I street smart remote keyswitch,  4 comb=
o=20
>=20
> pir/micro motion detectors, 4 glass breakage detectors, 1 7 amphr battery=
,=20
>=20
> 2 sirens
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Here's the thing about 10 days ago  it started displaying  "Low Battery" =
 ..
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Ok,  the Battery was changed..   6 hours later it displayed "Low Battery"=
=20
>=20
> Again..
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Another Battery was installed  just in case the first one was faulty..=20
>=20
> again  5-6 hours later  "Low Battery"..
>=20
>=20
>=20
> voltages  were   DC output  11.50 to  12.00  (ideally  should be 12.50 to=
=20
>=20
> 13.50)
>=20
> current off battery    45 ma.. with AC      150 ma  without  AC  ( about=
=20
>=20
> right with the load  listed)
>=20
> current off panel    150 ma   with or without AC..  ( again about right w=
ith=20
>=20
> the load listed)
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Removed all motions, sound, remote keyswitch and sirens..   (only thing o=
n=20
>=20
> panel was keypad)
>=20
> 15 minutes  again  it displayed  "Low Battery"
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Being frustrated   we removed panel  and replaced it with a boxed brand n=
ew=20
>=20
> FBII 2T.   (only thing on panel was keypad)
>=20
> Low and behold  15 minutes later  it too  started beeping "Low Battery"..=
.
> [...]
Have you actually checked the battery after a low battery signal??? Is the =
battery really low?
 =20

Could be the system is giving you a false low battery indication.

With a new battery and the readings you gave, there's no way that you'd get=
 a low battery signal within 15 minutes of startup.=20

Also, I'm not familiar with the FBI panel but maybe you actually had a low =
battery and the low battery indication is (for some reason) locked into mem=
ory? Can you get into programming? If so, try removing low battery indicati=
on, and restart the panel. Or, maybe just default the panel and reprogram. =
Could just be something locked into memory ..... maybe???=20

With Napco, after receiving a low battery indication and changing the batte=
ry, it is required to do a bell test to put a load on the battery to let th=
e system know the battery can take a load. Don't remember about FBI. It's b=
een too long since I installed them.=20