Re: Do "Pet Immunity" Motion Detectors Really Work?

On Tuesday, June 17, 2014 2:26:05 PM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote:
> And yet the old C&K / Intellisense DT-500 still works pretty good after a=
ll=20
>=20
> these years.  I don't care for them in small to tiny environments, but I=
=20
>=20
> trust them much more than many of the cheaper pet "resistant" motion sens=
ors=20
>=20
> available today.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> P.S.  I've had decent luck with the Napco Gemini PIRPET wireless motion.=
=20
>=20
> Then, they cost more than the DT-500.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Bob La Londe
>=20
I've used Visonic for so many years I've forgotten how long it's been. Gott=
a be back to at least the early 80's. Lot's of people don't like them becau=
se (I think it was) the "Fox" model that was really sensitive and were said=
 to have a lot of false trips. I never had a problem with them though. I've=
 always had good luck with them. Still have some of the SRN 2000 (I Think) =
working all these years. That's the one that has about 25 different lenses.=
 And I think they still make it.

Now I mostly use the dual/tec Duo 200e and 220 (look down) models which are=
 not pet immune but I ordered extra pet immune lenses for the K940's which =
work in the 200 and 220 if needed. If I have to use more then one motion de=
tector in close proximity I use a dual tec Duo 200 or 220 and a K940 so I d=
on't have RF interference problems. That's worked so far.=20